RICE NOODLES IN EGG CHIFFON SAUCE
Wat Dan Hor Fun
Rice Noodle in Egg Chiffon SaucePrint Recipe
Sauce mix - *For most fried noodles
- 5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2-3 dash white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 500 g flat rice noodles*
- 4 Tbsp veg oil
- 3 Tbsp sauce mix
- 4 per person prawns optional*
- 120 g chicken thighs & breast*
- 100 g fishcake/fish ball optional*
- carrots cut to angled rounds
- 4 asian greens/broccolini cut into bite sizes
- 6 baby corn chunky
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ Tbsp cornflour heaped
- ⅓ cup cold water mix with cornflour
- 600 ml chicken stock chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Eggs
- White Pepper to taste
- Devein and deshell prawns, soak them for 30min in sugar water.
- Microwave noodles 2-3 minutes
- Carefully loosen them
- Chop veggies
- Boil 750ml water, 1tbsp salt - cook the chicken and thighs. Remove chicken and then cook the fishballs in the same water - Then chop all meat to size.
- Heat wok until very hot, test the heat by sprinkling water onto the wok. It should evaporate almost instantly
- About a Tbsp of veg oil to grease your wok, then fry a large handful of noodles.
- Add sauce mix after about a minute, & stir-fry briskly. You want the noodles to burn a little at the edges for that char taste.
- Set aside & repeat with the rest of the noodles
- After the noodles are cooked, portion them into plates and put in the oven at 50°C - to keep warm.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil, fry prawns until just cooked, then add the meat, fry for another minute
- Add in garlic & fish cake/fishballs & fry until fragrant
- Pour in the stock, bringing to the boil.
- Let simmer for 3 minutes
- After 3 -5 minutes, add the thickest of the vegetables.
- Allow the thick veg to cook at boiling point for about 3 minutes. Add the last of the leafy veggie bits and cook for about 2minutes.
- Add in the corn flour mixture. Bring the gravy back to a hard boil to cook the cornflour & thicken the sauce.
- Turn off heat
- Mix in 2 lightly beaten eggs, stir with a pair of chopsticks to cook the eggs and create the eggy chiffon ribbons.
- Carefully remove the noodles from the oven
- Dish gravy mix onto the fried noodles
- Garnish with crispy fried shallots & sliced pickled chilli (optional)
Sauce mix - Can be made in advance and kept in your fridge for any fried noodles you may be making.