Tried and tested shortbread recipePrint Recipe
- 500 g Butter NOT Margerine
- 5 cups Flour
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F) Butter a dish. I use a Rectangle one or a round pie dish. Cream butter
- Sift in flour, sugar and salt - Slowly
- Knead together till it forms crumbs
- Push the dough firmly into a buttered dish or dishes. Prick top with a fork.
- Bake at 175°C for 30min REDUCE heat to 130°C and bake for another 30min
- Once out of oven, sprinkle with caster sugar and slice. Do this while still warm, it dries out after and will be too brittle to cut.
- **Dip in chocolate for some variations**