Sorry I haven’t got photos, will bake this soon and photograph for the recipe.
Pandan Chiffon Cake
Light and fluffy Chiffon cakePrint Recipe
Egg Yolk Portion - 1st
- 6 Egg Yolk
- 42 grams Caster Sugar
Coconut Milk Portion - 2nd
- 68 ml Corn Oil or Canola Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Pandan Essence
- 120 ml Coconut Milk Chef Choice
Flour Portion - 3rd
- 120 g Cake Flour - Sifted light house brand
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder - Sifted
Egg White Portion - DO THIS LAST
- 6 Egg Whites (700g Eggs)
- 102 grams Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 1st Using a stand mixer or hand whisk, cream the EGG YOLK portion ingredients until light/pale and the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the COCONUT MILK portion in a bowl, gradually add into the EGG YOLK portion
- Combine the FLOUR portion in a bowl, and gently fold in a little at a time into the EGG YOLK portion.
- **This is important, when you're done with steps 3 & 4 gently and alternatively add the portions with the yolk portion eg: flour, coconut, flour, coconut, flour until well mixed. Take your time with this. Use a strainer if the mixture is lumpy
- EGG WHITE portion: Using a stand mixer (medium speed) beat the egg whites until just foamy. Add cream of tartar, then gradually add sugar - a little bit at a time (medium - high speed) mixing well each addition until soft peaks form. Ensure that the sugar are dissolved by feeling the mixture with fingertips. *Note: The end result of this meringue mixture should be shiny, creamy and thick with soft peaks but not foamy and lumpy. Do NOT over beat the egg white.
- Fold in 1/3 of the EGG WHITE portion into the YOLK portion. "folding gently" with a spatula until combined. Do not over mix. Add in the next 1/3 of egg whites, folding gently and then continue with the last of the egg whites. *Really take it slow and gently. Don't over mix
- Pour the mixture into the chiffon cake pan. Gently shake the cake pan to release air pockets, then use a spatula and gently smooth the surface. Bake for 70-80 mins at 150°C until golden brown. *Note - by leaving the cake in the oven for longer time ±80min it will have a nice brown crust and also reduce the excess moisture in the cake
- When baking is completed, cool the cake by inverting the cake pan upside down in the oven with the door oven slightly opened. (oven off obviously) Once cool to the touch, you can remove it from the oven and let cool completely. You could also leave it in the oven over night with the door ajar *Note - Important to leave the cake to completely cool before removing from the cake pan or cutting. Best to use a sharp knife to compliment the smooth and softness of the cake
All ingredients must be at room temperature. Preheat oven to 150°C (Fan forced oven) Bake on the middle rack for 70-80mins Use Chiffon Cake baking pan, do not grease the pan