Serve with the Rich Coffee Sauce
This is a hand me down recipe, and the very first meatloaf I've ever eaten/cooked. Okey America, I get it!Print Recipe
- 500 g Beef Mince lean
- 500 g Pork Mince
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs Panko works well - GF is ok too
- 2 medium Onion finely chopped
- 1 T Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 T Parsley Chopped
- 2 m Egg Beaten
- 2 clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Similar to making burger patties here: In a large bowl, combine meats, breadcrumbs, onions, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, curry and eggs - I use my hands cause you can really mix it well this way.
- Mix milk and water and add this to the meat mixture, a little at a time, until smooth but firm.
- If you have a bread tin grease it and insert the mixture into it, snugly. If no bread tin, you can shape the mixture into a loaf and place on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 30min I recommend serving this with a rich coffee sauce ** After the loaf has cooked for 30min, pour half the sauce over the meat, Return to oven and bake for 45min more. Basting the loaf often wth sauce.
- Serve loaf hot in think slices, and a garden salad. Great for sandwiches