Dark Chocolate Brookies
Servings: 50 cookies
Source Recipe in notes:Print Recipe
- 350 g 70% dark chocolate
- 45 g Butter
- 225 g Caster Sugar
- 80 g cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- extra dark chocolate grated
- 60 ml Frangelico
- 200 ml thickened cream
- 80 g Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place 70% chocolate and butter in a bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir to melt and combine. Remove from heat and set aside to cool until needed.
- Combine remaining ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate butter mixture and mix until well combined
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Dot the top of the cookies with the dark chocolate chips, pressing gently into the dough. Bake for 12-13 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the Chantilly Cream, combine cream and sugar in bowl of electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Stir the Frangelico through the cream mixture.
- Serve Brookies topped with a little extra grated chocolate and a dollop of Chantilly Cream.
Recipe by Harry Foster Masterchef Australia 2016