This soup is a cherished family favourite, passed from grandparents to parents and now to me.
I hope your find success with it, and your family enjoy it as much as we do.
**If you aren’t making your own stock, ready made chicken stock or the stock cubes work just as well – Use enough cubes to make about 2litres of stock and add the thighs to boil in the stock.
Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- 4 Chicken Carcass for the stock, can be store bought
- 2 tins Sweet Corn
- 2 Eggs For thickness - Can use 3
- 3 Spring onions Chopped for serving
- 2-3 Chicken Thighs
- Salt to Taste
- Black pepper to Taste
- Bring pot of water to boil with carcasses, it’ll make a grungy bloody mixture, pour this water out
- bring a fresh pot of water to boil with carcasses and the chicken thighs
- Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer about 20 - 30min.
- Remove carcasses and chicken, allow to cool then strip meat from bones
- keep aside to add to soup later
- Add sweet corn (heat should be turned up a bit)
- 2 tins should be good
- keep stirring so it doesn’t burn
- Whisk eggs in a bowl or quick shake
- 2 or 3 according to your preference of thickness
- When soup is boiling again, add the chicken shreds and eggs
- keep stirring! Use a fork or chopstick
- Once the egg is fluffy and ribbon looking, it’s ready to be served
- Ladle out and sprinkle with chopped spring onions