Caramel Mint Dessert
I entered this dessert for the Arnott's Home Baker of the year in 2021Print Recipe
- 1 Packet Arnott's Butternut Snap Biscuits *See note
- 1/2 tsp Desiccated Coconut
- 250 ml Cream
- 1 tin Nestlé Caramel Top n Fill
- 1 Packet Arnott's Mint Slices
- Use a food processor to process the Butternut Snap/Nice biscuits and desiccated coconut into a crumb. Put aside till ready to use.
- Now process the mint slices and set aside for assembly.
- Remove the caramel from the tin, place into a mixing bowl and hand whisk for about a minute, till it's smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the cream till you have still peaks - If using a stand mixer, be careful not to over whip
- Add all but 3 teaspoons of the mint slices to the caramel, mix it together, then stir in the caramel into the whipped cream Mix it well, it will be a thick, paste like consistancy.
- Now we're going to layer your dessert. Either use 6 dessert bowls or 1 large dish. Start your layers with the biscuit crumb
- Spread the creamy mixture over the crumb, then cover with crumbs, layer with cream, and so on till you've run out.
- Sprinkle with reserved mint crumbs and chill in the fridge for 2-3hours.
- Best chilled overnight Keeps in the refrigerator for 1 week
*can substitute 1/2 pack Butternut snap with Nice, or scotch fingers for a less sweet crumb