This Homemade Waffle Recipe is deliciously authentic, and super easy to whip up.
Start heating up your waffle maker/iron when you start measuring out your ingredients and you’re bound to end up with crispy golden waffles, while being light and fluffy inside.
Belgian Waffle Recipe
- 1 Cup Regular Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Large Egg Separated
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Oil and switch on your waffle maker
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk, oil , and vanilla, stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for around 5-10 minutes.
Use less sugar if you want a more savory waffle. If you are doing savory and want to add bits of bacon & cheese - do this BEFORE folding in egg whites. Or you will lose all that air you worked so hard on incorporating.