Aglio e Olio (with bacon & prawns)
Our take on the classic garlic oil pasta.Print Recipe
- 8 cloves garlic add as much (or as little) as you like
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 Chillies add less or more to taste
- 1 cup White Wine
- 400 grams bacon triple smoked for extra flavour
- 16 Prawns add however much you want
- 750 grams Pasta we prefer angel hair
- Prepare: - Garlic: Slice into thin strips (or dice if you prefer that way) - Bacon: into strips or cubes (your choice). - Prawns: Peeled & deveined. Optional marinade in salt and olive oil
- Fry bacon in pan until crispy. Scoop out with slotted spoon to and set aside, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Begin cooking pasta in heavily salted water
- Add olive oil and garlic to pan with the bacon fat. Saute garlic till it begins to brown slightly, then add chillies. Add white wine, reduce. Add fried bacon along the way Salt to taste (depending how salty the pasta water is you can skip this step as you'll be adding it in later anyway. As usual, do EVERYTHING to taste)
- When pasta is cooked, reserve some of the salty pasta water, then drain. Return pasta to pot for mixing.
- Add sauce to the pasta and mix. In same pan, fry the Prawns gently.
- Ready to serve.